Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Reflection 

Overall, I believe that at first I was a bit unfamiliar with how this whole class would work out because it is so different from anything I had ever done before, but I can say with confidence that this has been one of my favorite classes so far in college. Personally, the reading is really intriguing to me more so than the writing aspect, and I probably feel this way because I have never been a creative type especially when it comes to storytelling or creating your own stories. I definitely have gotten better with my storytelling after reading several stories that have been assigned as well as ones from classmates. My writing skills have progressed and now I feel more comfortable with the writing aspect, something I was weary about before taking the class and in the first couple weeks of the course. I am happy with my blog and website, and make changes depending on my mood. I like to switch or add images and treat it like a sort of mood board. My biggest accomplishment has definitely been the advancement of my writing skills. Never had I written anything other than traditional essays for school, and this definitely taught me how to write stories and be more creative with writing as a whole. My favorite readings were the Ramayana because it was easy to read and there were not many characters unlike the Mahabharata which I found confusing at times. As for my reading notes, I think from here on out I will try to highlight one or two of the stories that were my favorites and I found significant. I find myself only looking at my notes to see which of the stories were my favorite so I could incorporate them into stories of my own. Overall, I am excited for the next half of the course and the adventures that it will bring. 

The mighty Kumbhakarna - 
This is definitely my favorite image as I love him as a character as well as his physical appearance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: 100 Word Story

Satyabrata's Pleasure   "Mom, how come we never get to eat meat?"said Satyabrata. His mother replied, "I can barely affor...