Monday, August 31, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

 Indian Epics Reading Overview:

I am choosing the public domain edition of the Ramayana due to a couple reasons. One of the reasons i chose this over the other is because it has an audio option, which is very convenient as i do quite a bit of driving daily. The other reason is because it includes illustrations which i believe will be beneficial in making the story come to life. 

Two comics:

Krishna: Retold From The Bhagawat Puran

    This comic caught my eye because the description talks about Krishna's "miraculous birth" and later on talks about a battle with a serpent. It looks like an intriguing comic and I definitely would like to read more about Krishna's story and how his life played out. 

Pareekshit: Son of Abhimanyu

    I chose this comic because like the last one, it too has a story about a snake. The story revolves around a snake that will in one weeks time, attack a man, so the man builds a palace and recruits guards to protect him from its evil. The story is definitely interesting. 

Two videos:

Symbols of Divinity | EPIFIED 

    This video stood out to me because i have always been interested in learning symbology and the different meanings that they all possess. In fact, this semester i am currently in a communications course and we talk about symbols and how they can be used as a way to communicate different ideas and beliefs, which i find really intriguing. 

Sanskrit in 60 seconds | Epified

    The video regarding Sanskrit caught my eye because I visit Pakistan often, and I have always wondered if there are any similarities between the native language of Pakistan, Urdu, and Sanskrit of India. Although I am not too sure if Sanskrit is still spoken/used, it is a neat thing to learn. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: 100 Word Story

Satyabrata's Pleasure   "Mom, how come we never get to eat meat?"said Satyabrata. His mother replied, "I can barely affor...