Sunday, August 30, 2020

Growth Mindset, Week 1

The Growth Mindset

I am 110% the person that Carol Dweck refers to when she talks about people who are anti-growth mindset, but not by choice. I am very much a fan of what she is teaching but I find myself on the other end of the spectrum. Often times when i see things as a challenge i tend to shy away from them rather than attacking them. I think it is just because when I find something in school to be really difficult to me, I feel like i'm dumb or unintelligent. As a matter of fact, I took a physics course last semester that gave me this exact feeling. I took the course and questioned my intellectual capabilities, and it made me feel like I did not know anything, not just in physics. I believe I am this way because I like when things come easy, I like not having to struggle to achieve what I want to achieve. Maybe if I implemented some of her ideas my life would change, maybe I would achieve things that I never believed I could. I will try my best to implement some of her teachings into my life, as I am interested in how my life would differ if I did so. 

The Growth Mindset, according to scholars, can lead to a more enlightened individual. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: 100 Word Story

Satyabrata's Pleasure   "Mom, how come we never get to eat meat?"said Satyabrata. His mother replied, "I can barely affor...