Sunday, September 13, 2020

Feedback Strategies

My favorite topic from the feedback gallery was fill in the gaps. I sometimes struggle with leaving important pieces out, or putting too much unnecessary stuff in, so it would be nice for someone to let me know. I also like the idea of asking questions, as it engages the authors mind towards putting more thought and reason into their story. The 

Be a mirror - 

I liked this article because it emphasized the growth mindset, and how we should be trying to let go of a fixed mindset. I have read this same idea many times across multiple different courses now, so it is really starting to stick in my head. I personally have been trying to take on hardships as challenges from a positive perspective rather than a negative. 

The difference between praise and feedback - 

This article focuses on as the title says, the difference between praise and feedback. When we emphasize how hard someone works, it can help them grow rather than telling them good job. The article says, Kids are thrilled by the idea that they can grow their brains through their effort and strategy." This idea emphasizes that there is more growth in praising someones efforts rather than their results. This can lead to more growth in people, and it is something i will attempt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: 100 Word Story

Satyabrata's Pleasure   "Mom, how come we never get to eat meat?"said Satyabrata. His mother replied, "I can barely affor...